Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Slim monitor or CRT.. which on better for work?

packaging design

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 yellow_bagpack

yellow_bagpack

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:04 PM

just wondering...if anyone could suggest which one is better for designs works? I own pc not mac.. recently i realize that my colour results is very2 diferent look in another monitor.. ( i turned off colour management in my comp also on other comp..). Thanks

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:31 PM

To get best color you need good drivers. Or a special device that could check the colors of your screen but those devices are very expensive.

Search for stores where you can buy a Pantone Huey. Allot of Apple store got it in stock. And might not find it in normal computer shops. The little device, that cost 89 euro / Dollar, adapts and colaborate the colors so its better.

Best to print out a range of colors or buy a Pantone swatch to check the colors.

#3 yellow_bagpack

yellow_bagpack

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:12 PM

hello chung da.. you always the first one.. :) maybe i will buy that little device later... but it sure cost a lot of money.. :) for now i just want to buy a new monitor... since mine is 5 years old... it's condition is too dark... even if i've adjust the brightness.. resulting too much white noise.. The colour is messy a lot.. in another word: it's in very serious condition :( .. which i think i should buy a new one... i'm thinking of CRT monitor .. hmm Samsung maybe.. by the way i'm using onboard graphic adapter.. i often update the driver..

#4 TotalEclipse

TotalEclipse

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:01 AM

Slim LCD all the way! The crisp and accurate color is something I swear by. CRT's are so 1995 and are not Eco-friendly!

#5 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

If you just want a new monitor I would advice to check out the real thing and look at the color shift in the different angles you look at the screen. Best to find the one with less color shift so your color is as accurate as it can be and looking from different angles. Mostly new iMac I hate with allot of color shifting when I sit in front of it there is no problem but when I stand up the colors are all different or I need to change the screen angle to see the correct colors again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: packaging design

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users