• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 jupaduarte

jupaduarte

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

Hi, I'm a new member at Design Contest, I have my online portfolio www.juanpabloduarte.net and my Paypal account, but my question is, when can I participate in a contest??, I must have 10 recent forum posts in any category to do that?? please help me. Thanks
JUAN PABLO DUARTE
Graphic Designer
www.juanpabloduarte.net

#2 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:32 PM

You must meet all of the requirements listed on the application page. After you have done so, you may apply for the design team by filling out the form on that same page.

Please visit the links in my signature (below) and the FAQ section for more information.

To answer your question about 10 posts: Yes, you must have 10 posts in non-contest forums in order to be eligible for the Design Team. However, you may also post in the Community Contest and the Non-Profit/Charity Contest forums.

#3 jupaduarte

jupaduarte

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

Well, i see. Now I uderstand better. But i can't reply or discusse a design sended by any other member??
JUAN PABLO DUARTE
Graphic Designer
www.juanpabloduarte.net

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

not in the contest area only comment others in he inspiration area, about their wip or finished works.

#5 mtjl79

mtjl79

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:54 AM

Agreed, I want to participate in a contest also...but I need 10 posts and I need to be approved? What's up with that? I very much qualified here...

Do I really have to wait 30-days?

#6 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:25 AM

I very much qualified here...

Perhaps you are, but keep in mind that anyone can say those words. What we're proposing is, if you're qualified, then show us. That's why we have the application/approval process for the Design Team.

Also keep in mind that we want to find designers who are not only qualified in design skill, but in their personality as well - so they won't cheat or do other bad things. This is for the protection of the site's reputation and the contest holders who use our service.

Do I really have to wait 30-days?

Probably less; this is just a percautionary number.

#7 mtjl79

mtjl79

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:29 AM

Perhaps you are, but keep in mind that anyone can say those words. What we're proposing is, if you're qualified, then show us. That's why we have the application/approval process for the Design Team.

Also keep in mind that we want to find designers who are not only qualified in design skill, but in their personality as well - so they won't cheat or do other bad things. This is for the protection of the site's reputation and the contest holders who use our service.

Probably less; this is just a percautionary number.

Admin,

I applied a little while ago. If you can review my portfolio link I sent, and can possibly push the application through as soon as possible that would be great. I found myself in the middle of a web design comp for a contest, and I really want to finish it...but contest ends soon. I would like to make the cut-off date.

I think after you review my work, you can see I think I can be a pretty good contender here...but enough said. Portfolio's talk...everything else walks. So look at that link in the application. ;)

Thanks,
Mike

#8 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:56 AM

I think you will find this link helpful:
http://www.designcon...read.php?t=8362

#9 Janana128

Janana128

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

How do I know when I'm allowed to apply for a Design Team?
Check out my portfolio! Let me know what you think!
http://janaportfolio.blogspot.com

#10 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

You must fulfill all of the requirements on the application page. Once you meet all of them, you can apply using that same page.

#11 snowden

snowden

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:53 AM

I'm new here. I've been stalking this site for a few weeks eager to get started. I have set up my paypal account but need help with my on line portfolio but I don't have a clue and would love some advice or links that might point me in the right direction. I want to get all my ducks in a row and fill at the DT ap. :)

#12 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

What part of the portfolio do you need help with?

If you have your designs all ready, then you can simply upload them to an image host of your choice. Don't forget to categorize everything so that it's easier to sort through. If you don't currently have any designs, then you will most likely have quite a long road ahead of you, as we do require a certain skill level for Design Team members.

Lastly, when lining up your ducks :) don't forget about the other requirements listed on the application page. As I mentioned, you will need them all in order to be eligible for the team.

Hope that helps.

#13 snowden

snowden

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:23 AM

What part of the portfolio do you need help with?

If you have your designs all ready, then you can simply upload them to an image host of your choice. Don't forget to categorize everything so that it's easier to sort through. If you don't currently have any designs, then you will most likely have quite a long road ahead of you, as we do require a certain skill level for Design Team members.

Lastly, when lining up your ducks :) don't forget about the other requirements listed on the application page. As I mentioned, you will need them all in order to be eligible for the team.

Hope that helps.

:cool:
Thanks this helps a lot. I do have some design work. Branding, illustrations and photography, as well as print work, all in pdf format, I'll need to go back and read the requirement and familiarize myself with an image host. I should have my on line portfolio put together in a couple of weeks.
Thanks again.

#14 tomas.brolen

tomas.brolen

• Designer
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

You might also want to look at portfolio websites on the net. As an example I am using Carbonmade now while I'm updating my own website.

#15 snowden

snowden

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Tomas, I'm going to take a look at the link you turned me on to. Like you I want to produce my on web site but, going to a site like this I can get started anyway. thanks to all the good advice guys

• Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

Speaking about a place to host a portfolio, I can recommend http://creativebinge.com - this is DesignContest's partner and might be even integrated with our forums one day.

#17 Gck2702

Gck2702

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:48 PM

Yeah and logopond.com is also nice
Graphical.

#18 robyn

robyn

Banned

• Banned
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:48 AM

Hello,

I got my disapproval email:( :( : (
uhmmm, I got paypal, I am 18+, I have portfolio http://zimnet.multiply.com,
Waaahh, I missed the posting ????

Okay, well.... I hope this counts,>>>> the multiply.com is also okay for making portfolio.

Cheers to all!
Good Designs = Profit
:cool: my works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users