www.marscreative.net
web design, presentations, corporate identity package

#2 Xoxiety

Xoxiety

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

I think the robichaux design is gorgeous. Great use of color and background images. Normally I don't like things that move on the page (ie, the countdown and the scroll bar), but for a site like this, where your focus is not so much on reading anything static, it seems to work.

The cocktail page is nicely laid out and easy to navigate, which is paramount for this kind of site. I'll recommend it to my cocktail-drinking friends. Only one quibble: in my browser (firefox on a new HP laptop) the browns are a bit muddy and unpleasantly pinkish, and just kind of unappealing with the dark red. It's funny how browns can go off on you so easily--and I love them and use them whenever I can. Looking at the cocktail images, the drinks suggest more festive colors--in fact, the palette of the robichaux site used here would make me a lot thirstier!

I hope that was helpful!

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

Robichaux site looks goods, but need some finetuning. On the first page below the edge around her picture below got allot of bad pixels. And top menu and banner on some pages the color dont flow good in each other.

Cocktail guide looks good but dont like the name logo above. Cause the font isn't expensive looking but more cheap, while overal site got expensive look.

#4 marsian

marsian

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:35 AM

I think the robichaux design is gorgeous. Great use of color and background images. Normally I don't like things that move on the page (ie, the countdown and the scroll bar), but for a site like this, where your focus is not so much on reading anything static, it seems to work.

The cocktail page is nicely laid out and easy to navigate, which is paramount for this kind of site. I'll recommend it to my cocktail-drinking friends. Only one quibble: in my browser (firefox on a new HP laptop) the browns are a bit muddy and unpleasantly pinkish, and just kind of unappealing with the dark red. It's funny how browns can go off on you so easily--and I love them and use them whenever I can. Looking at the cocktail images, the drinks suggest more festive colors--in fact, the palette of the robichaux site used here would make me a lot thirstier!

I hope that was helpful!

Many thanks for your valuable feedbacks, will work on them
The Trend Setter
www.marscreative.net

#5 marsian

marsian

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:38 AM

Robichaux site looks goods, but need some finetuning. On the first page below the edge around her picture below got allot of bad pixels. And top menu and banner on some pages the color dont flow good in each other.

Cocktail guide looks good but dont like the name logo above. Cause the font isn't expensive looking but more cheap, while overal site got expensive look.

yes there seems to be few bad pixel, i should increase the image quality, many thanks
The Trend Setter
www.marscreative.net

#6 VYFX

VYFX

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:36 PM

Very cool. I am looking into using Joomla for a future site of my own. Thanks!

#7 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:56 PM

uhm my cocktail guied? you mean guide?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users