Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

these are some of my logo's. :D click here

#2 RoT

RoT

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:52 AM

Hey mate.
TO be honest - you still have a lot of work/watch/experiment to do in order to start makeing usable logotypes. At first try working simple and only in 2/3 colors, even B/W (the best :)). Get some book or some tuts from net. I can help you with one link, where you can find and read a lot of stuff - http://www.elogodesi...o-design-guide/.

Also check the logotypes here - you'll see how people make logos, combine the elements, the graphic element and typography etc. - http://logopond.com/

Good luck ;)
The best design decisions are simple, because they don't contain elements that are not necessary... and contain the necessary elements in a way that looks logical...

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:35 AM

I am speechless.......:eek:

You really need to learn the main rules for making logo's or any designs.

#4 pigbait75

pigbait75

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

I am speechless.......:eek:

You really need to learn the main rules for making logo's or any designs.

yea thanks alot for the words of encouragement.:mad:

#5 pigbait75

pigbait75

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

Hey mate.
TO be honest - you still have a lot of work/watch/experiment to do in order to start makeing usable logotypes. At first try working simple and only in 2/3 colors, even B/W (the best :)). Get some book or some tuts from net. I can help you with one link, where you can find and read a lot of stuff - http://www.elogodesi...o-design-guide/.

Also check the logotypes here - you'll see how people make logos, combine the elements, the graphic element and typography etc. - http://logopond.com/

Good luck ;)

thanks RoT this is the kinda criticism I need. I know I have alot to learn, I haven't been doing this long only about a year, and thanks for links. I see right away i have alot to learn when I see some of the logos and designs on here:)

#6 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

pigbait.....
look around here for some inspirartion;).......If you enjoy design, and you obviously do, thats a start, read books, visit logo sites, educate yourself, and you'll get better, and better:) Designing for a year only, isn't long.....I've been designing for 12years, and I can tell you, my work is a million times better, than when I just started......study up on design basics, experiment, grow:)

#7 Untitled

Untitled

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

Those logos are very good. They are very detailed. Good work.

#8 VYFX

VYFX

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

While your link redirects to "1800adult", I can offer some advice of my own from past experiences.

I used to be horrible-- and I mean horrible-- at logo design. This time last year was my low point, if you will, and I designed nothing but absolutely ghastly graphics. Yes, it was that bad. I competed on two other major crowdsourcing contest-based websites in an attempt to improve my skill. I wasn't expecting to win any of the contests but the feeling of being part of a competition really gave me motivation to work harder at each logo I created. After a while I found myself creating better logos and eventually I started winning contests more often than not.

I've worked with Photoshop off and on for years but logo design was new to me a year ago. By simply competing with other experienced designers my skill has greatly improved, so I'd highly recommend getting started this way if you are looking for a quick hike in your design skills. You'll be surprised, I'm sure..

Good luck!!

P.S. -- I'm not sure if I can state the other site names here, but if you are interested feel free to PM me.

#9 pigbait75

pigbait75

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

While your link redirects to "1800adult", I can offer some advice of my own from past experiences.

I used to be horrible-- and I mean horrible-- at logo design. This time last year was my low point, if you will, and I designed nothing but absolutely ghastly graphics. Yes, it was that bad. I competed on two other major crowdsourcing contest-based websites in an attempt to improve my skill. I wasn't expecting to win any of the contests but the feeling of being part of a competition really gave me motivation to work harder at each logo I created. After a while I found myself creating better logos and eventually I started winning contests more often than not.

I've worked with Photoshop off and on for years but logo design was new to me a year ago. By simply competing with other experienced designers my skill has greatly improved, so I'd highly recommend getting started this way if you are looking for a quick hike in your design skills. You'll be surprised, I'm sure..

Good luck!!

P.S. -- I'm not sure if I can state the other site names here, but if you are interested feel free to PM me.

I was updating my portfolio thats why you got redirected if you check it now it is much better I found a nice script to use. I have been in a contest everyday for the last 6 months and I have won a few. thats what started me in logo's I was doing page design of course alot of that was for "1 800 adult" I know of a few contest sites myself but like you say I don't think I can mention there names.:D

#10 Dalisca

Dalisca

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

Still getting the 1800adult link. Would love to check out your work, but I'm a bit apprehensive about clicking on anything. ;)

#11 pigbait75

pigbait75

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

Still getting the 1800adult link. Would love to check out your work, but I'm a bit apprehensive about clicking on anything. ;)

sorry I forgot I dropped the /logo directory when I redid everything heres the link
portfolio:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users