&nsbp;

#1 Alneo

Alneo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass this by you guys. I do a lot of freelance work, and I already have a logo, as you can see in my avatar. The meaning behind this logo, is my name. Aloke Pillai. But, i thought about combing this idea with another as it is too simple. I am a strong believer in simplicity and minimalicity, but i just thought that my logo was lacking the "ouf". I am thinking about putting it on a sticker like so:

Posted Image

Comments and crits, welcome! :)

#2 jmax71785

jmax71785

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:45 PM

i like the logo a lot

#3 Alneo

Alneo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:49 PM

Thx man. :)

#4 LionGraphics

LionGraphics

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:20 AM

It's really great -- my only comment would be on the sticker part itself: the shading is off and the shape of the flap isn't quite right. When I looked at it I at first thought it was more like a button-shape popping out of the page and the white part looked like a smooth edge that was clipped off for some reason - like a chunk cut off. Maybe if you did the gradient fill on the red a little differently -- more like the way chrome looks? Then cut a little more off the bottom of the circle - maybe cut a real circle and peel it back so you can see what it would really look like. Maybe even have it overlap a tiny bit of the bottom of the "p". This is all just minor but I thought I'd point it out since I really was looking at it trying to figure out what it was before I saw your note and read that it was a sticker. :) Great logo -- I like the text underneath.

#5 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:58 AM

This may just be me, but I'm not a big fan of how "default" the diagonal line in the middle looks. Maybe you could integrate it a bit in some way to get away from that plain rectangle feeling. Up to you really :)

Looks nice otherwise, gj!

#6 x4lov

x4lov

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:24 AM

It looks like a key , so you can put a slogan like 'Alneo Design the key for your business' it sound good ;)

Good job i think.

#7 Alneo

Alneo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:54 PM

Thx a lot, guys. Your feedback really means a lot to me. I ll get right on the variations. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users