&nsbp;

#1 Clean-Style

Clean-Style

Banned

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

Hi everyone.

I noticed that members from the Design Team rarely participate in the forums except for work submissions. While those who are trying to join the Design Team try their "best" to participate by increasing their number of posts.

I suggest a participation quota to be applied on everyone, that way the forums are active. Because it seems like once a member is part of the Design Team, the member only participates in contests and ignores the entire forum.

Thanks
Portfolio: http://www.clean-style.com
Not everything that shines is gold.

#2 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

I totally agree with you Clean-style....:) The boards are a place to share/exchange and inspire ideas....:)

• Guests

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

that's very true, but so far we haven't been able to work out these quotas and criteria for DT members. And it is a very important question indeed, because non design team memmbers of the forums could really learn a lot from these guys if they were participating more in the discussion forums.

#4 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

Indeed, this is a bit troublesome at times; luckily not every DT member is this way. Our hope with the quotas for regular members is to weed out those who would act in the way you've mentioned after joining the team.

The one thing I have against setting definite quotas for everyone is that it will feel too much like work and many people may choose the option of leaving rather than the option of "working".

Again, I, of course, agree that there should be a bit more non-contest-level participation.

#5 Clean-Style

Clean-Style

Banned

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:55 PM

_Redrum, I believe you are right. Generally, it is hard to force anything upon anyone. Especially when it comes to the Internet. Maybe you can do a full scale evaluation periodically (every 3 or 6 months) on all Design Team members.

I really love the idea of DesignContest.net; particularly the contest part, and I don't want it to ever die out!

Really appreciate your efforts in moderating the forums and contests.

Thanks again.
Portfolio: http://www.clean-style.com
Not everything that shines is gold.

#6 tpuentes

tpuentes

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:59 PM

you made a point.
Guilty as charged

• Guests

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

I really love the idea of DesignContest.net; particularly the contest part, and I don't want it to ever die out!

DC has been running for about 3 years and I don't see why it should why it should die out. Especially with members like yourself who care!

#8 illumina

illumina

Guru

• Designer
  • 2714 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:40 PM

I am unable to participate much in the general forums because I try to see to moderator issues being discussed by admins and moderators. If I had a high speed internet connection I'd be able to post more, but I'm stuck with dial-up as I live in the country. Unfortunately DesignContest takes a very long time to load its pages when on dialup, and I don't have the time to wait for each thread to load. :(

#9 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

I think that we should all shed a tear or 10 for Illumina, stuck with Dial-up.

I am in total agreement with you here, and it is threads such as these that get members, design team and moderators alike discussing issues that are important, I think I can safely say I have not commited the crime of just posting in the contests.

#10 thenameisjolo

thenameisjolo

• Designer
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:18 AM

I'm in almost the same boat as illumina, with a slow dial-up connection it's just not possible to browse the forums as much as I'd like (here cost is also a consideration)...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users