&nsbp;

#1 umurali2000

umurali2000

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 05:03 PM

Dear All ..

I am Murali. I am an electrical engineer by education. Working as faculty in an Indian university. These days I am active in this group out of my intrest in animations.
Just completed a logo design for " Electrical Motor designers group"( EMD) . Being a founder and moderator to this group , I wanted to make myself a logo for it. Incidentally this is my first logo design. So really excited to share with all of you.

Posted Image

Brief description about the group:
This group started in Feb-2006. Now crossed 300+ members and still going strong. Here we discusses the problems associated with Power electronics and drives. Applications include consumer , Electrical vehicles, etc.Sharing of academic resources like technical E-books among the members is an intresting activity. There is a lot of weblinks and useful files in the group database and available to members.

I thought this logo suits and represents the objective of my group. But I would happy if I get constructive criticism on my work which give me boost in my intest.

Waiting for your valuable comments......

With best wishes
Murali :)
http://muraliii.tripod.com
http://tech.groups.y...motordesigners/
Murali:) India

• Guests

Posted 13 November 2006 - 06:24 PM

sorry, but to me this animations looks just annoying.
Logo has to distinguish your group, but it doesn't - the object which I suppose is to be meant an electrical moror is hardly identifiable.
But after all, I imagine a motor produced by a graphics designer. I might be even worse...

#3 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

I agree that it does look..plain..and reminds me of ZX Spectrum graphics with all those dots and color choice.
Perhaps you should do a drawing for logo, or use photo of real electrical motor to give you some ideas with which you can play with. From that move to choices of color, shading and the stuff, to give it some..how should I put it..believeability. To make it look realistic in a way, and eye catching.
Dragan Ciric
AetherScapes

#4 David Y

David Y

• Designer
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:14 PM

The logo is too busy, just take the 4 words, and give them 2 colors and make a nice icon with it. Then it should look better, Good luck ;)

#5 umurali2000

umurali2000

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:42 AM

Wow ... its really nice to c the feedbacks... thank you ... I just used "paint brush" for the logo design. I agree its far from the professoinal one. I need if there any other softwares which can be used specifically for logo designs?..

I will soon come back with a revised one.... based on ur comments.

Byee
Murali

#6 David Y

David Y

• Designer
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:35 AM

You need a vector program like Illustrator. But some freeware stuff is also good: see http://www.inkscape.org/

#7 umurali2000

umurali2000

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:28 AM

Thank you very much david... i will find it out and work on it....

#8 David Y

David Y

• Designer
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:39 PM

OKe! Good luck ;)

#9 INFIN8

INFIN8

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:07 PM

This is definitely an interesting logo. Not bad for your first attempt, but as you said its not quite professional. Just starting out you might want to stay away from trying to animate and focus more on the overall design and composition. Come up with a nice industrial color scheme, and then try to make an abstract engine for the logo... this images would be a nice one to use to try to make a logo out of...not sure what it is though ;) . Good Luck!

Posted Image
::::: INFIN8 :::::

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”

#10 umurali2000

umurali2000

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

Thank you INFIN8 ....... its encouraging to me..... I was finding out for a better motor picture over web but I got it from you. I may use it for my logo....

byeee.......

#11 xpressions

xpressions

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:12 PM

I would first start with the name. Electrical Motor Designers. What does that mean? What do you do? What is your audience? Do you design Electrical Motors? That's my guess. Motors for what? As I am not clear, I cannot move forward to give you further help. In essence, asking questions about you are about to design for will most certainly assist you in the design process..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users