&nsbp;

#1 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:33 PM

Hi guys,

I recently finished my portfolio, which is here: http://www.brandybingham.com

I am mostly okay with the design (for now), but I'd still like to hear feedback.

The things I had trouble with, however, weren't in the portfolio itself--they were the accompanying pages. I know I am supposed to have some kind of home/"welcome" page, but I just don't know what to put there! What kinds of things do you put on the first page of your website? (I don't want a blog.)

Thanks in advanced for your input.

#2 xpressions

xpressions

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:47 AM

Just a quickie: I had a hard time finding your menu, maybe it's my monitor or maybe it's just me. I would try to make them a little more visible. And, in my humble opinion, I think your background is a little busy and is distracting from your work (which is what you wish to showcase). I tend to think of a portfolio as a type of "museum". The beautiful paintings seem to always be on a neutral background or a textured surface. I haven't spent too much time on my own portfolio, but, decided to keep it as simple as I could until I could create something better. I hope this helps and good luck building up your repetoire. Best wishes,

#3 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

It does look a bit messy and chaotic in my opinion, especially when it displays your previous work. One one hand you have bluish chaotic background and then your work opens to reveal very clean web pages and design. It kind of stings eyes, if you know what I mean..
Dragan Ciric
AetherScapes

#4 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 10:20 PM

Very valid points; maybe I let my love for collage-ing go to far. :) Thanks for the comments.

#5 vkw91

vkw91

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:08 PM

it seems a bit slow loading. is the header one graphic? it just seemed to suddenly appear at once.
I quite like the shades of blue with the little bit of beige. Not sure on the dotty effect with them sort of colours on the house through. Like kavsac said, does seem a little hectic, i think it is 'coz of this element.
good work though
portfolio now onlinewww.vkw91.co.uk

#6 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

Yes it is.. maybe I'll change it to a progressive jpeg so it doesn't appear all at once like that. Thanks for your feedback.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users