• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Sour

Sour

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:48 PM

Hi, I was wondering if I could get anyones thoughts on this design that I created: http://www.createmx.com/images/id.gif

It will be used for a special computer program for primary schools.
www.sour.co.nz
Logo Design

#2 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:36 AM

I like the overall look, though I would probably put a bit more vibrant color in.

#3 Heracles

Heracles

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:45 AM

I like it to but I looked at it resized (smaller) and we loose a lot of details like the fingers and the two "I" are hard to see. Maybe adding colour like Redrum mentioned would help.

#4 sillyputty

sillyputty

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:03 AM

Great logo!!!

#5 xpressions

xpressions

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:52 AM

It's cute. It gave me a feeling of exhuberance. If it's for primary school, I would create another version with bright colors as already suggested, but keep that one, too, and perhaps a black one (if needed). Very nice job.

#6 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:41 AM

I agree. Cerulean or emerald green would fit more nicely since it was intended for children. These would be my preferences, but it definetly needs to be of a brighter color.
Other than that it looks very lively, it is elegantly simple in design and hits the target group. Great work, I really like it..
Dragan Ciric
AetherScapes

#7 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 05:51 PM

I agree with the color - you dont want it blue or red, that would to me suggest for boys or for girls. That's prolly the only thing wrong is the color - Awsome job though!

#8 Sour

Sour

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:56 PM

Thank-you for your feedback. I will definitely use your suggestions and produce a few color variations.

Thanks again,
www.sour.co.nz
Logo Design

#9 raghav

raghav

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:54 PM

I must say. it is a creative design, just need to be tweaked a bit with colors. :)

#10 adambender

adambender

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:26 PM

First of all I think the logo is well done. Appropriate font and engery was created. It sends a clear message.

most of my suggestions have already been mentioned. However, you could play with not only one solid color, but in this case using a palette of colors (like the primary colors) for different letters or even just for the "kid" might give it that element it's missing. My though its coming from the concept of a pack of crayons. Since it's for kids, mixing colors might help you to achieve the desired result.

Can't wait to see an updated version!

Adam

#11 misterman131

misterman131

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:20 PM

i love the design. i agree on the color change, but you might be able to get away with leaving the character as is, and changing the font to something that contrasts it more. i love the look of it though.

#12 darb

darb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:33 PM

I think the design is sweet, flows nice. I agree color needs to be changed but Im thinking more of a outline. Just something to help it POP a bit more.

#13 vincea

vincea

• Designer
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:17 AM

simple and to the point.. i like it, it speaks what it's purpose is.. maybe a little more vibrant colors i agree

#14 LemuriaDesign

LemuriaDesign

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, it's cool, like some people said, clean, simple, it gives a message and nice blue coor. ;)

#15 truth and light

truth and light

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:18 AM

I found your new logo to be executed well for the intended applications, you may want to simply colorize the icon with the child and play between the remaining letters and the icon as two different color combinations.

SOCIETY OF DESIGN

the forward student of artlife...

#16 famousartguy

famousartguy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:34 PM

I think the logo is a good design idea, however I think I would work the child a bit more. As mentioned above the fingers get lost when minimmized, but maybe you could even make it more like a child drawing. Usually when doing a shillouette you want greater detail, but with this idea i would say maybe even go a bit less...more simplistic. Just a thought..thanks!
www.illustratortips.com http://www.famousartguy.com

#17 champ

champ

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 06:47 PM

Yeap ! Colors Play a Vital Role in any Design, whether its a logo or a webdesign.
the idea is nice but treat it with some vibrat colors as mentioned above ! give it a life :).

thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users