• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 k002

k002

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

This is a project from a dj agency that invited me to do their logo and some flyers.
Here i show it to you in flyers format.

Posted Image

The first one left-counting is the final.

:)
Simplicity is indeed often the sign of truth and a criterion of beauty - http://k002.deviantart.com

#2 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

These are really interesting, I love the combination of the logo's sketchy style with the clean background shapes.

My favorite one, though, is the purple one--the shapes on the bottom are just lovely, and remind me a bit of a keyboard. It is odd that the last "key" is not filled in with a shade of purple, though--did you skip it on purpose? Also, it could do with black splotchy stuff. I'd love to see it replaced with some of the interesting line art you used to border the cloud/bubble shape in the other pieces. One other note on this one: I like the type in the upper right, but I like the clean-cut style you used in the first flyer better.

That said (whew!), if you do go with the first, I'd rethink the white-ish stuff on the top. IMO, it just doesn't fit the rest of the design. I'd like to see the cloud moved closer to the top, then maybe just the solid pink background, or even a grid like you used in the heart shape in the purple piece. But more important than any of that, the two sections of type on the bottom--"5 Sunday November" and "Pure"--seem to be fighting with eachother. Maybe one could be smaller, or something.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I promise, I only offer this much critique because your work is really beautiful and I would love to see it at its full potential. Even if you ignore everything I just said, you still have some nice work! :)

#3 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

I think I like the first one the best also - in my opinion, I kind of like the white blotches and lines. I think it adds a bit of texture to the whole thing, and make a person look twice hehe.

I would add lines on the first one like on the november 15th one - adding the lines like around the heart and the squigglies over that - to add some more flare.

In all, very legible and effective flyer, I love your style.

Nicholas

#4 k002

k002

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

Ehe, really whew! :p.
Yep, really the cloudes would fit nice moved up, ehe, i didnt ignored it, but as it is already finish now i will not change it.
But thanks for your advanced anyway, my preferred is the rouge (pink) one.
But the boss preferred the other one. :D
Simplicity is indeed often the sign of truth and a criterion of beauty - http://k002.deviantart.com

#5 k002

k002

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

Cool, glad u liked it.
And that was the objective we tried to reach, few things, clean design and very legible and simple
thank you.

#6 Alter_Eggo

Alter_Eggo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

I like your style! Very trendy/appropriate in the music industry right now.

One thing though, i'm not aware of any formal training you may have. The typeface you used seems to have pretty bad kerning, you might want to go in and adjust that manually. The place where it really stuck out to me is where it says "Sunday" - the D, A, any Y are spaced wrong.

If you have no idea what i'm talking about, feel free to hit me up with a PM, i'm a typography nerd. :)

#7 k002

k002

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

Hi, i do have idea what you are talking about, and yes it should have the same space difference.
I never saw that distance.
It's a nice critique and it will help me in future, of course.
Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users