Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Logo :: construction company specializing in fireplaces and ovens

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:27 PM

The name of the company is "Fireplace" in Russian. It designs and builds mantlepieces and traditional ovens using latest technology.

#2 AK-Sultan

AK-Sultan

Banned

• Banned
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:34 PM

Is it your work? I mean you designed this logo ?

#3 vkw91

vkw91

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:24 PM

i quite like the unquie choice of font. The icon though seems to be a little "clip-art"-ish. Good work.
portfolio now onlinewww.vkw91.co.uk

#4 xpressions

xpressions

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:25 PM

While nicely executed, I am not getting the feeling of mantlepieces, nor fireplaces nor ovens nor latest technology. I understand the hand (building) and the flames for both the fireplace and the oven, but, I am getting the feeling of pain, the hand is burning. Just my humble opinion and I know nothing!

Respectfully,

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:38 PM

Is it your work? I mean you designed this logo ?

as far as I know. Yes.
But I realize that the logo is very simplistic and as often happens with simple logos they migh have similarity with existing ones. If you know any examples, please, let me know ASAP. Thanks in advance!

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

While nicely executed, I am not getting the feeling of mantlepieces, nor fireplaces nor ovens nor latest technology. I understand the hand (building) and the flames for both the fireplace and the oven, but, I am getting the feeling of pain, the hand is burning. Just my humble opinion and I know nothing!

Respectfully,

I perfectly see what you say. In fact I am not very happy with this version I feel that among other logos I proposed to the client there were ones that fit better to the idea of fireplaces, but the client is always right, you know.

#7 AK-Sultan

AK-Sultan

Banned

• Banned
  • 749 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:37 PM

as far as I know. Yes.
But I realize that the logo is very simplistic and as often happens with simple logos they migh have similarity with existing ones. If you know any examples, please, let me know ASAP. Thanks in advance!

Hi resurepus

I think that there is a misunderstanding.:(

I didn't mean to say that it looks like any other logo I saw before, but I did ask because this logo ( in my point of view ) did not reflect the type or the nature of the company product , the first reflect I had was : "Danger, do not touch, it is hot ".

Therefore, if you are not the designer, it will be meaningless to discuss this point with you, because it is not your work and you do not know the real concept of it and what was the message behind this design, that why I did ask you.

One last thing, our community here in Design Contest.net is based on trust and respect ; Therefore, if I saw any design that " I am sure that it is 100% copied without any kind of editing or modifications – cut and paste I mean " , I will not publish this in the forum, I will just send a PM to you with my evidence .
It will not be good thing to embarrass someone in front of community.;)

it did happen that we design something we think it is original and we find out lately that it is not, and someone else did the same concept before , may be in other way or with different aspect .
it still original for us any way , unless we intended to steal it from the beginning.

You know that all of our work is an output or reflect of what we see and learn from the others, from our culture and what we see in our daily life.

I am sorry if I didn't clarify my question from the beginning.

Have a nice day .

Abdel kader Sultan

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:28 PM

One last thing, our community here in Design Contest.net is based on trust and respect ; Therefore, if I saw any design that " I am sure that it is 100% copied without any kind of editing or modifications – cut and paste I mean " , I will not publish this in the forum, I will just send a PM to you with my evidence .
It will not be good thing to embarrass someone in front of community.;)

Personally I have a different point of view. I think those who steal other's designs deserve not only to be disclosed to the community, but also to be banned from the forums. But it is a topic for a different discussion.

#9 Fusion.Int

Fusion.Int

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:24 AM

I think I sort of understand why the client chose this (though I haven't seen the others).
It's simple, but I like it a lot.
When I first saw it, I didn't think of a hand being burnt. Likewise, it gives me a feeling that the company is handing me something warm, since the hand is aiming downwards or towards me in a way.

#10 xpressions

xpressions

• Designer
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:09 PM

Isn't that the truth! You never really know for sure what the client will choose....and this IS the challenge!

I perfectly see what you say. In fact I am not very happy with this version I feel that among other logos I proposed to the client there were ones that fit better to the idea of fireplaces, but the client is always right, you know.

#11 specialmerac

specialmerac

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

Sackcloth And Ashes

Sackcloth and Ashes have the finest selection of fireplaces,gas fires, stoves etc. in marble,stone,granite, wood and cast iron..Styles may change but our passion and commitment to providing the very finest wont.

www.sackclothandashes.ie

#12 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

You should slap them your the designer not them ;) you decide whats the best.

My first sold logo was for www.brandmerk.com also first place i freelanced. I made there logo but in flat color gray and red. But the boss and other DTP added gradient to it an destroyed it.

Also the new intro there using really sucks. There old site was much better.

I think more white space between the finger and the flame. Maybe cut the flame into more parts. Or a hand that looks like a flame, sharp finger tips and stuff.

• Guests

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

it's been quite a while since I posted this thread, I produced some more versions of the logo and here's the one that was finally accepted:

#14 rookster

rookster

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:01 PM

The original variant was too simple. It's like some kind of governmental logo which is not always good. The second you gave here is better but still there is something missing.
I mean if this is a company that produces household ovens and fireplaces it should be associated with comfort and stuff.
Try adding some "home" associations to the second version (e.g. hands).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users