vkw91

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

Hi,
please let me know what you think of my portfolio: www.vkw91.co.uk

Comment on anything you like!

Also please say if there's anythingsthat i need to change as the website only went online last night and so there is bound to be a few problems!

vicky.
portfolio now onlinewww.vkw91.co.uk

#2 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:31 AM

Very nice and simple! My only two suggestions:

#1. Use some subtle gradients as the background for both the content area and the header, to keep it from looking as flat as it does right now.

#2. Lastly, maybe make a semi-opaq copy of your logo and position it so it will always stay in the lower right corner of the viewers browser window (I would make it barely visible, 5% opacity or so), this I say to help brake up some of that white space.

Those are my suggestions, but other than that I did not see anything I did not like .... Overall I really like the site, nice work!
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#3 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:28 AM

I like it. Uniment is right though, there is a lot of white space. I have never been a fan of the "narrow" website design. I am sure that if you are looking at it on a large monitor, it is very white!

Maybe a very subtle pattern for the background?
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#4 w59cb83x

w59cb83x

Banned

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

nice

#5 karansinh

karansinh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

Maybe you have a <br> or <p> below the counter you have placed for online viewers, resulting in more white space (notice the scrolling ???). You can use little light grey color....maybe as in the designcontest.com forums.
And i agree with Uniment1 use gradients.

#6 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

The text on the footer at the bottom is not aligned properly with the footer in Firefox, don't know about Internet Explorer. I like the logo work, be nicer if you could actually click on them to view a larger version or maybe a little information on each of them.

#7 nullsh

nullsh

• Designer
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 02:35 PM

The size of the fonts seems a little too big for my eyes, but good color scheme man.
Nice work.
NSHâ„¢
Valter Simões

#8 woosh

woosh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:39 AM

Nice site, I agree there is too much white maybe add a color in the bacground that would calm the white space a little, very well presented and easy to navigate

#9 Nicholas

Nicholas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 09:53 AM

I have a bigger monitor and that is alot of white! but the design is awsome :)

If it were my site, I would prolly work on the logo and just add a drop shadow or something to it to make it pop out more and not look so flat. Sometimes in my honest opinion there is a "too simple". All the white may draw people away is what I mean.

Great job though, keep up the good work and keep us updated if you change your site at all! It would be cool to see how we have helped you!

#10 adambender

adambender

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

I noticed the same issue with the footer in firefox. You have some nice clean designs in your recent work column. I like the idea of adding in yoru reent work on the home page. I may do the on my site.

Nice work.

#11 vkw91

vkw91

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:55 PM

thx for the comments guys and gals.
will work on the changes soon
portfolio now onlinewww.vkw91.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users