Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

My website - What do you think of it? :)

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Deathdart

Deathdart

• Designer
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:15 PM

Hey,
I've had my website up for about a year now and I'm now creating a new design for it, but I would still like your opinions on the current design and I'd like to know whether I should stick with this design or shift to a new one?

Here's a link: http://www.pixelguise.com

-DD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AbhaySingh.in - Graphic Design Portfolio

#2 nyxxie

nyxxie

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 01:56 AM

Hello and welcome to DC.
I like it. But IMHO, it looks a little too business-y. Not that that's a bad thing It's great how you automatically have prices, and quotes from people, and a good introduction. But I think it should be a little more personal, have a personal style to it, make it REALLY pop so when visitors come they automatically know what kind of work you do and know that you have a good business sense at the same time. Right now it looks like a billion other design sites that don't really offer a personal welcoming to their site.

#3 Deathdart

Deathdart

• Designer
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:08 AM

Yes, that's exactly how I feel too! Thank you! I'm just thinking whether or not to redesign the whole thing. I've currently come up with a new logo and intro page and am working to redesign the whole site, but I'd like everyone's opinion on whether that would be good or should I stick to the current one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:37 PM

I would get a new one .... I like what you have now ...but it gets boring really fast ... seems to much like a news or directory type of site .... and as nyxxie said ....make it personal.

:)
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#5 MissUnderstood

MissUnderstood

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:18 PM

I think it could use a few new features....nothing too drastic; it's nice how it is....but that's just it, it's 'nice'. You could probably go farther if you made it more distinctive, and added a few of your own unique features

#6 Deathdart

Deathdart

• Designer
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:36 AM

@MissUnderstood: What would you mean by unique features? I'm planning to just have a great new, unique, personalised design for it and make it to the point. At the moment I find it has too much extra stuff like the templates (which never sell), the order form (which is never used as people just email me directly) etc. Anything you would like to see in particular?

@Uniment1: Thanks for the comment. :) I'll defeinitely be going with a better looking and more attractive design now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 intrepidguppy

intrepidguppy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 918 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

I like the softness of the layout - easy on the eyes colour-wise but was it very busy. I liked your past work. I am new to graphic design so my coments should be taken with a grain of salt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users