&nsbp;

#1 HypnoticGenes

HypnoticGenes

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:38 PM

www.geocities.com/wltr_gnzlz

This is my web portfolio. Its not comepletely done yet. Tell me what you think. I'd apreciate any feedback or advice you could give me. :)

#2 a_mahstudios

a_mahstudios

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:01 AM

You've got a great start there for sure! Some suggestions, if i may, I think the layout itself needs to look more uniform. There's something missing in terms of a central focal point.. it feels a bit scattered as you click about the site.

I love the blues and blacks. Very sophisiticated color choice.

#3 nyxxie

nyxxie

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:43 PM

Hello. I like your art. :) Your 3D art is really cool too.

But I think the problem may be that your art is hiding under your website. I think you should bring your art out more- bigger thumbnails, or have them contrast with the black background more by having a white thumbnail background on all of them. I personally don't like black backgrounds. It looks unprofessional to me. Unless the text and graphics really contrast well with black.

I also think you should get your own domain name, because geocities is so 1998, and it also looks really professional.

I like the idea/layout of your navigation menu, but I honestly don't like the way it blends into the background. Maybe the blue menu should be brighter/lighter so it can really contrast well.

I hope this helps you, take it or leave it because its all just my opinion. But like a_mahstudios said, you do have a good start! Good luck with it. :) And welcome to DC!

#4 sunkentheory

sunkentheory

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:53 AM

Good start. To get more business and present yourself as more professional, I would move away from geocities, and purchase a domain name. GL

#5 project_fx28

project_fx28

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:16 AM

Nice work. As it was said before, try to change your host.

#6 Cartageno

Cartageno

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:54 PM

you should optmize some of your images to have a better view on the browser. some of them don´t fit in the screen

#7 turner050

turner050

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:17 AM

If you want to be taken seriously, you've got to get off geocities and to and actual domain of your own

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users