Website Design with coding

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Danitz

Danitz

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

I hope the administrators of DesignContest, also find a way to resolve the clients/contest holders coding needs, like finding a partner that will provide a coding services. Right now I noticed that there are some great contest but some designers (including me) hesitating to participate because of coding requirements, I believe this is restricting potentially winning designs coming in.

I just found it bit risky in entering a contest with coding requirements, for me the coding part is a whole new story, aside from the complexity of collaborating with the client in a public chat in which sensitive information might be exchange, also in this area there is always an unsatisfied client, I am guessing that if they were not satisfied of your codes you will get nothing.

I am thinking that DesignContest should chop portions of the prize to hire someone that could code.

Edited by Danitz, 13 January 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21754 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hi there

We do have the contest holders send in for a quote for coding. The websites contests are for the design, the psd template files ready for coding. If you have any questions concerning coding about a website contest, post that question to the contestholder in the contest. You can also send us a help ticket and ask about it as well.

Like us on facebook

#3 JlynnXx03

JlynnXx03

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:41 AM

agreed. its a contest for website DESIGN, the website DEVELOPERS are the ones who deal with coding.
ive just submitted a web design, and the contest holder didnt ask for a coding in the description, but if their expecting it, i wont be able to help them there. all i know is html and css, all self taught, but my design would probably require flash, java, and php.
so what happens if the contest holder likes your design, expects a code (without writting in the description) and you cant give them a code. do you lose profit then?

#4 cyanyde

cyanyde

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi there

We do have the contest holders send in for a quote for coding. The websites contests are for the design, the psd template files ready for coding. If you have any questions concerning coding about a website contest, post that question to the contestholder in the contest. You can also send us a help ticket and ask about it as well.

So it's only for the PSD, not the coding.. I wish that was more clear to both the designers and CH. I purposely avoid that section because of the coding confusion.

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21754 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yes all website contests are for psd graphics template only. This is clear when the contest holder starts the contest. We even have it to where the contestholder can choose to send winning design in for a free coding quote.

Like us on facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users