Abstract Artwork

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 NinjaPandaK

NinjaPandaK

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

The drawing was done with pencil on paper, then mounted on matte cardboard :) and is A3 size (29.7 x 42) cm.

I tried to make the drawing mysterious, and really interesting, also so that people looking at it can use abit of imagination and really make up their on stories about the man.

what do u all think of this piece? and what do u see? not see in the drawing? what was the first thing that got your attention? and is there something that could improve the drawing?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

defenatly an intersting piece. probably not something I would put on my wall but I really bet thats a conversation starter. Nice work. like the shading and great work on the eye.. one of the more difficult parts of the body to get right.

#3 NinjaPandaK

NinjaPandaK

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:09 AM

defenatly an intersting piece. probably not something I would put on my wall but I really bet thats a conversation starter. Nice work. like the shading and great work on the eye.. one of the more difficult parts of the body to get right.

lol thanks for ur reply :) wat makes this interesting to you? did something catch ur eye at first glimpse? do u think anyone would want this on their wall? lol

#4 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:54 AM

When I see it, it makes me wonder what is he looking at? As if someone is spying thru the wall. Then it makes me think about that scene in "Pyscho", where actor Anthony Perkins is peeking thru the wall spying on Vera Miles.
Was that the intent? To make the viewer feel like he is being watched? If so, you succeeded. :)

As far as selling a piece of art like that, look around at different poster shops, online and walk-ins, and see if there is anything similiar to your art subject and style. You never know. :)
Nice work.

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

lol thanks for ur reply :) wat makes this interesting to you? did something catch ur eye at first glimpse? do u think anyone would want this on their wall? lol

Look at me getting called out ;) lol

what's interesting to me? The entire concept really. what's he looking at? why is he looking in the first place? did he make that hole or was it allready there and he was just curious. There are alot of focal points that come to mind so I just summed it up by - Interesting. ;)

At first glimpse it's his/her hair and eye that catch mine. I'm actually a big Eye person, I notice peoples eyes.. my wife said it was her "chest" but it was her eye's that captivated me.. then the other stuff :D

Personally I wouldn't on my wall it just doesn't fit who Iam or what I like on my wall's.. But I can see this in someone's loft in NY or California modern home with steel furniture, alot a glass, hard wood floors.. ya know that look.. or someone that likes to enetertain. this would be as I state a great conversational piece.. I can see others pondering back and forth about what they think the artist was thinking when they did this. IN most cases they'd be wrong. lmao

#6 NinjaPandaK

NinjaPandaK

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

When I see it, it makes me wonder what is he looking at? As if someone is spying thru the wall. Then it makes me think about that scene in "Pyscho", where actor Anthony Perkins is peeking thru the wall spying on Vera Miles.
Was that the intent? To make the viewer feel like he is being watched? If so, you succeeded. :)

As far as selling a piece of art like that, look around at different poster shops, online and walk-ins, and see if there is anything similiar to your art subject and style. You never know. :)
Nice work.

to be honest, i havent seen the movie psycho xD haha
my goal with this piece, was to make it really mysterious, so people really think about its meaning and the story behind the artwork.
Ur view on it, is a new one for me, and makes me happy haha and adds to the already interesting stories and imagination of people i have asked already :))

#7 NinjaPandaK

NinjaPandaK

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

Look at me getting called out ;) lol

what's interesting to me? The entire concept really. what's he looking at? why is he looking in the first place? did he make that hole or was it allready there and he was just curious. There are alot of focal points that come to mind so I just summed it up by - Interesting. ;)

At first glimpse it's his/her hair and eye that catch mine. I'm actually a big Eye person, I notice peoples eyes.. my wife said it was her "chest" but it was her eye's that captivated me.. then the other stuff :D

Personally I wouldn't on my wall it just doesn't fit who Iam or what I like on my wall's.. But I can see this in someone's loft in NY or California modern home with steel furniture, alot a glass, hard wood floors.. ya know that look.. or someone that likes to enetertain. this would be as I state a great conversational piece.. I can see others pondering back and forth about what they think the artist was thinking when they did this. IN most cases they'd be wrong. lmao

haha ^_^ thanks again Coy!!
thats the big two from all the responses i have gotten :) the eye and the "hair" ( "tribal design" ) ;p are the first attention getters :) lol i think for me, eyes are what i notice first, i have quite a collection of eyes :) lol

and yes i hope for it to become a great conversational piece!! :) haha thats my goal, and i hopefully will be able to get a gallery to purchase the piece or even display it for awhile :)) no luck so far with the galleries i have contacted, but hopefully i will get one soon! :)) lol

and people dont be shy!! id like to know everyone's observations and things you see and what you think! Feedback is the thing i look for most with this piece, i want to hear what interesting things people have to say and what they see!

#8 NinjaPandaK

NinjaPandaK

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:41 PM

Oh and just to share a lil lol the most interesting feedback i have gotten from this piece was that it was a mouse peeking through a hole!! lol

I cants see the mouse, but if anyone else can also see it, please tell me :) lol

#9 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

what do u all think of this piece? and what do u see? not see in the drawing? what was the first thing that got your attention? and is there something that could improve the drawing?

..SO, the first thing that got my attention was the eyes..i agree with coy eyes are really hard to master
it feels that some one is spying on the room @_@
REALLY NICE PIECE :) I LIKE IT

Edited by like an angel, 08 April 2010 - 11:59 PM.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#10 NinjaPandaK

NinjaPandaK

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

..SO, the first thing that got my attention was the eyes..i agree with coy eyes are really hard to master
it feels that some one is spying on the room @_@
REALLY NICE PIECE :) I LIKE IT

lol thanks :3
yes someone is watching you O_O u better lock ur doors >_> lol
haha
i dont really have any problems drawing eyes and making them look real, i just have real trouble with proportions and hands x.x lol they screw over my images the most >< lol

#11 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

lol thanks :3
yes someone is watching you O_O u better lock ur doors >_> lol
haha
i dont really have any problems drawing eyes and making them look real, i just have real trouble with proportions and hands x.x lol they screw over my images the most >< lol

LOL..creepy :$ but to tell u..this person in ur pic..the look in his eyes makes me feel he is kind..the one who is watching over u or protecting you..not the opposite :rolleyes:
& yeaa..hands can be tricky too >_<

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#12 NinjaPandaK

NinjaPandaK

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:28 AM

LOL..creepy :$ but to tell u..this person in ur pic..the look in his eyes makes me feel he is kind..the one who is watching over u or protecting you..not the opposite :rolleyes:
& yeaa..hands can be tricky too >_<

lol yeah? maybe he just seems like his watchin over u, lookin for the right time to pounce >_>
haha xD

#13 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

First impression tells me the man is either being consumed by something or redeemed by something. Kinda like the the question of the glass being half full or half empty. I like it. Great work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users