ebook cover action soft

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Matthew Carroll

Matthew Carroll

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:22 AM

I'm anxious to have my portfolio seen by other designers, but here it is. Please tell me what you think. Matthew Carroll Illustration & Design

It isn't entirely completed, but close.

Thanks in advance

#2 zrb

zrb

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:13 AM

W

Edited by zrb, 28 September 2009 - 11:35 PM.

#3 Matthew Carroll

Matthew Carroll

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

I agree the color scheme needed something... I felt that way while working on it myself. I've made some changes to it already... see what you think.

My portfolio is heavy on illustrative stuff, because that is ultimately what I want to do. I realize my portfolio isn't slick and minimal, but I have a cartoonish style in my illustration that I hope is reflected in my site. Agree? The feedback has been help and I want more.

Thanks again.

#4 zrb

zrb

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

W

Edited by zrb, 28 September 2009 - 11:35 PM.

#5 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

Looks great! I like the illustrations in the background. I agree that the overall style is cartoonish-looking (in a good way!)

I think the font size for your name is a good size, but the navigation font could probably be a little smaller. Just a thought.
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#6 smack

smack

• Designer
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

Brilliant illustrations Matthew. I'm not sure if it's just my internet connection, but the transitions between images is a little slow (i'm probably impatient, but so are a lot of users) Also because of the rectilinear layout of your site you may consider having the transitions slide horizontally or vertically as opposed to rotating into the frame. Great work.

#7 Matthew Carroll

Matthew Carroll

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:12 AM

Brilliant illustrations Matthew. I'm not sure if it's just my internet connection, but the transitions between images is a little slow (i'm probably impatient, but so are a lot of users) Also because of the rectilinear layout of your site you may consider having the transitions slide horizontally or vertically as opposed to rotating into the frame. Great work.

Yeah I know what you mean about the slow transitions. I'm not sure what the deal is, but I'm thinking flash just has a hard time creating that animation. It seems that it is simply a strain on flash to move around all that stuff as quickly as I'm asking it to. Not sure yet if I should change it... at this point it would be some serious work.

Thanks for the feedback.

#8 Matthew Carroll

Matthew Carroll

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:05 AM

Looks great! I like the illustrations in the background. I agree that the overall style is cartoonish-looking (in a good way!)

I think the font size for your name is a good size, but the navigation font could probably be a little smaller. Just a thought.

You know, I think you're right about the size of the navigation links. I think I will change them... after some sleep. After seeing your portfolio I understand why you might have an appreciation for the cartoonish. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ebook cover action soft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users