&nsbp;

#1 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

Did this for a Texas RC airplane site.
I incorporated all the elments they requested. Carbon fiber look on tuff, tuff to be "beveled" looking and strong.

I always love to hear feedback and suggestions on what could make it even better.

there are two version. so far they are using the 1st one on vids, but are torn as to which they will actually use.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

The second one looks cleaner in my opinion.

#3 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

can you drop the opacity on the reflection? It's really distracting (to me anyway...) Also - so they definitely want the periods? I think it'd flow better if they were removed. Since you have the full name underneath, it's easy to tell it's an acronym, imo.

#4 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

resurepus - I agree the bottom one is better as well. a better carbon filer than the top one also.

jecrt - I played with that as well. they liked the % the bottom one was on. And the periods are there to stay.

Thanks for the feedback. I may play with a couple things in the mean time. ?

#5 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

I'd probably drop the drop shadow (pun! :D ) ... but seriously they're hard to use cross-medium and can look kinda funny

#6 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

I'd probably drop the drop shadow (pun! :D ) ... but seriously they're hard to use cross-medium and can look kinda funny

LOL.. I generally don't do much w/ drop shadows but felt this gave the tuff a feeling of comming off the page while the other text was grounded.

Kinda tying in the whole "flight" feel the site would have. ?

I'd love to hear any/all neg. comments. :D
I've been working on my typography so maybe... anything wrong with my letter spacing?
Played w/ the periods in Tuff since they wanted to land under the F's and T to make it look balanced.

Edited by Coy, 29 April 2009 - 08:24 PM.

#7 Deathdart

Deathdart

• Designer
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

As far as typography goes, I think the whole thing could be spaced much better. e.g. the space between U and F seems more than FF and TU; there's not enough space between TUFF and the full form and I dread to think of the logo at a small size, esp. for business cards and letterheads.

You could also possibly reduce the character spacing, as right now the logo looks a bit disconnected.. And maybe rethink the font as well, try out a few more professional alternatives.

Other than typo, IMHO the additional textures and lighting effects are not necessary in a logo. What would happen if this has to be printed on a low budget? If it's printed on a one color offset machine, it would be a major disaster even at larger sizes. Printing this logo in large quantities (i.e. through offset) and at a high quality would push costs through the roof. Maybe you could think of recreating similar texture/lighting in a vector format with just one color. By one color I mean no shades or tints of that color either, just one single color value on a transparent or white BG. That would make the design a lot easier to work with in print... and for videos and other such things which can easily reproduce details at a high resolution, the current logo can also be used. :)

I hope this helps :)
  • Coy likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AbhaySingh.in - Graphic Design Portfolio

#8 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:11 PM

As far as typography goes, I think the whole thing could be spaced much better. e.g. the space between U and F seems more than FF and TU; there's not enough space between TUFF and the full form and I dread to think of the logo at a small size, esp. for business cards and letterheads.

Thanks, now that you pointed it out the U & F.. It stands out like a sore thumb.
The logo will be used just for web only. But if they wanted it for a business card I would defenatly rework the seperations from the Tuff and full form and make it simply black and white.

You could also possibly reduce the character spacing, as right now the logo looks a bit disconnected.. And maybe rethink the font as well, try out a few more professional alternatives.

Other than typo, IMHO the additional textures and lighting effects are not necessary in a logo. What would happen if this has to be printed on a low budget? If it's printed on a one color offset machine, it would be a major disaster even at larger sizes. Printing this logo in large quantities (i.e. through offset) and at a high quality would push costs through the roof. Maybe you could think of recreating similar texture/lighting in a vector format with just one color. By one color I mean no shades or tints of that color either, just one single color value on a transparent or white BG. That would make the design a lot easier to work with in print... and for videos and other such things which can easily reproduce details at a high resolution, the current logo can also be used. :)

I hope this helps :)

Most of these elements are what they wanted or what I had to do to make it look like what they wanted. They asked for many specific details of what they wanted. ;)

Thank you for the GREAT feedback.

#9 Deathdart

Deathdart

• Designer
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

Np :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AbhaySingh.in - Graphic Design Portfolio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users