simple

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Alealm

Alealm

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

hey, this is a provisional portfoli but i would like to know what do u think of it? what work do u think should go first and last? what do u like the most? what do u not like? thanx!
the link is http://alealmazan.synthasite.com
ALE

#2 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Ok few things your picture of yourself you used gif and it has odd edges there is a small setting that removed it. Just save for web there is a no edge radio button to clean it. For the rest you need to clean up your portfolio with better layout and put several sections for different design and not mix together. Also ad more design element on your website is bit too empty.

#3 Alealm

Alealm

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

thank you! i know it's not ideal and should divide it more, i'll be working on it!
i would like to know what do u think of the work itself please! thnx!
ALE

#4 DanielDesign

DanielDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

I think maybe you should try and make it so there isn't so much scrolling on your portfolio. I like the simplicity of it though its easy to navigate through the sections. Maybe make your e-mail address links also. Oh by the way amazing idea for the domestic violence picture!

#5 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

I can see you got the skills but only the Tarrago logo looks and other logo's does not show your skills enough.

#6 cmoist

cmoist

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:25 AM

I would recommend adding a bit more text to your portfolio entries. Think about it as a potential client. They would want to know how the specific piece of work solved your client's problem. They don't just want to know that it's a "Editorial Design for a tourist guide". Every piece of work has a story behind it. That story makes the work that much more interesting.

I would consider adding links to the websites you designed, unless they are no longer active. If that's the case, you should explain so.

#7 Alealm

Alealm

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

cool! thnx for ur help! i'll be changing everything soon!
ALE

#8 mx_christian17

mx_christian17

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:10 PM

Good portfolio:)

#9 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:12 PM

I personally really like your vector works, very detailed. Very simple and clear, good thing, but maybe you could try to incorporate some colors into the first page.

#10 Lacemiller

Lacemiller

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

I think the homepage gif also doesn't do justice for bringing in the audience. I think you have good work could just be displayed a bit better. Organization by page may work out well.

#11 ejh

ejh

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

My only concern is that you displayed a "web design for a radio station" but you used a free website creator for your own website. Besides that I think your work looks good

#12 visited

visited

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

Hi, I think the images used are to cluttered around the page, maybe use one dimension, and place them straight beneath each other. Also you are inconsistent with your font-size, -colour, etc.

Also I agree with ejh, why don’t you make your own website? It shows more professionalism.

But besides that, your work is good, especially the vector art.

Greetz

#13 jopp13

jopp13

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

You're very talented and you have some amazing work there, but I have to agree with visited: you really need to do something about the dimensions of the images. It doesn't look very professional like it is right now. Adding more information on each piece of work would be advisable. :)

#14 Thusi

Thusi

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:56 AM

I like the simplicity of it, it is clean and you can get easily to different sections. The part that I really think you should change is your portfolio itself, I think that if you made a way that all the images followed the same layout, size and alignment it would make it look much better! :)

I also think you should have a color element on the site, otherwise it looks too dull... :|

But I quite like your work you have there, you are very telented! ^^

Edited by Thusi, 22 May 2009 - 07:10 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users