• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Deathdart

Deathdart

• Designer
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

Hey!
I, along with my brother, have been working on designing and developing a new portfolio website for myself for several weeks now and I'm glad to announce that it's finally done and uploaded! :D Please have a look at it here:

fluidCORE - Graphic Design Portfolio of Abhay Singh

Any feedback, suggestions, comments, criticism and bug reports would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Abhay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AbhaySingh.in - Graphic Design Portfolio

#2 slbergh

slbergh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

It's a good site. It's interesting that the site itself is so muted, while the work you display on it is so vivid! It works well to highlight your portfolio pieces.

I did notice a pronounced window shake as each portfolio item loaded in the expanded view window. Personally, I found it very distracting. Other than that I really liked what you've done.
There are two different kinds of people in this world: those who finish what they start, and
---Brad Ramsey

#3 a9609067

a9609067

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:29 AM

I like the monotone. But be consistent in ur typeface: the words "© 2008, Abhay Singh. All rights reserved. Developed by Akshay Singh. Hosted by MediaLayer" will look better in sans serif I believe.
2) Would you like to try something else to replace the borders? a shadow maybe.
30 why are the color of the button "featured projects" different from others? It pops but there is no link at all.
Overall, nice job :)

#4 Deathdart

Deathdart

• Designer
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

@slbergh: Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to correct the issue. And I'm really glad you like it! :D

@a9609067: The footer text was made to be a smaller heading than the rest... but I guess making it sans serif does make more sense; I'll do that today. :) The "featured projects" thing is not a button but a title for the lower section of the page, so there's no link on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 dotFreya

dotFreya

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:07 AM

Nice site design, and interesting color use :)

My only comments are that on the featured logo page, the table with "© 2008, Abhay Singh. All rights reserved. " is higher up than on the rest featured pages.

And I would like some short information about all the pieces, but that'll maybe be a future project. Beacuse you have so many amazing pieces :)

Oh, and maybe you should remove the "previous and next" button in the sections that don't need it. Example: photography & print design. Otherwise I just want to click them, without effect :p

#6 ideamaker

ideamaker

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:48 AM

hey Abhay nice website & portfolio as well.

But as I guess, two things need to be modified in UI :-

1. You have shown down arrow (triangle) in portfoilio tab only - it is bit confusing whether visitor is in that section or what? I understood you have given special treatment to this tab but still think on it.

2. "featured Projects" as mentioned by dotFreya. it looks like a saperate tab.

else is really cool...keep it up!:)
- IDEAMAKER -

#7 Deathdart

Deathdart

• Designer
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

@dotFreya: Thanks a lot! :) The previous/next buttons will be gone today, I think. I'll be trying my best to add a little description to every project over time, it's just a bit too much for me to do in one go. ;) I'm not exactly a very big fan of writing.

@ideamaker: Thanks! The portfolio button was originally supposed to be a drop down menu, hence the down arrow. I had forgotten to remove it, thanks for reminding :) And Yeah, I am trying to figure out what to do with the featured projects title, it seems confusing to a lot of people :|

Edited by Deathdart, 12 December 2008 - 01:42 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 Deathdart

Deathdart

• Designer
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

Hey, I've implemented most of the suggestions I've got here, please have a look and let me know if you'd like to suggest anything further :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 elp

elp

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

working now on my own page, and I like yours as well, wondering what you used to create yours? Also I like the contact, but there is something about the phone in the corner, looks a bit like clip are and does not really fit anything else on the site. Maybe its just be, but I like it otherwise.

#10 Tressley

Tressley

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

Looks really clean. I like a lot of your logo ideas.

#11 Rage of Reason

Rage of Reason

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:14 AM

Very good site. Loads fast, excellent layout. The portfolio is of splendid quality and very diverse. The modest presentation is a magnificent contrast to the skilled and colorful logo art. I think you and your brother did a very nice job!

#12 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 04:00 AM

Very nice site and the work displayed is of great quality.

I agree with slbergh, the color scheme really works in your favor and helps highlight your work pieces.

It's a good site. It's interesting that the site itself is so muted, while the work you display on it is so vivid! It works well to highlight your portfolio pieces.

I think a link to the live preview of the sites featured in the web design section would be nice.

Anyway great work, you and your brother can be proud : )

#13 designedbylele

designedbylele

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:04 PM

nice site, very intelligible to all! I like it.
maybe give more contrast between text and background at "About me and this website"
www.designedbylele.com

#14 designedbylele

designedbylele

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:05 PM

nice site, very intelligible to all! I like it.
maybe give more contrast between text and background at "About me and this website"
www.designedbylele.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users