• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 rotaercz

rotaercz

Contest Holder (P)

• Client
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:47 AM

Here's my new Version 5 experimental website which dynamically adapts to your browser size....

[ROTAERCZ Version 5.0]

It utilizes XML, PHP, MYSQL, Cookies, and a lot of Classes in Actionscript 3. All content, design, back-end, front-end, easing/tweening, and 3D programming was done by me excluding the 3D circular letters for viewing the guestbook in which I used the Five3D library.

I just finished working on the Guestbook and am currently testing for bugs. Feel free to try it out for a few minutes and tell me all the bugs and security problems that you find. Also leave me a word in the guestbook because it's up and running!

Currently there isn't a whole lot of content at the moment. It's like an empty blog right now. It's kind of a fun project that I like to work on in my spare time so I'm not really trying to fill it up fast or anything.... :p

I was inspired by a lot of the 'old school flashers' like yugop, 2advanced, joshua davis, etc. :D

#2 Hans Vargas

Hans Vargas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

How about the possibility to turn the music off?....

#3 rotaercz

rotaercz

Contest Holder (P)

• Client
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

How about the possibility to turn the music off?....

You can turn it off in 'SETTINGS'...

#4 Hans Vargas

Hans Vargas

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

yes, but it should be in the front of the page and not in a submenu... the user should see where he can stop the music in the "frontpage"... music is not always welcomed by users because they sometimes are hearing music themselves in their computers......

#5 rotaercz

rotaercz

Contest Holder (P)

• Client
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

Thank you for the feedback and clarification. I thought about that when I was designing the architecture and currently if you turn it off once it remembers the last setup that you used so I didn't think it was much of a problem. I will keep that in mind though. :)

yes, but it should be in the front of the page and not in a submenu... the user should see where he can stop the music in the "frontpage"... music is not always welcomed by users because they sometimes are hearing music themselves in their computers......

#6 HWorks

HWorks

• Designer
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

Not bad, maybe, very well done indeed. maybe I would make the change suggested above, like already said.

Nice experiment, I personally like, maybe I would have put a less dinamic music but that's up to your tastes of course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users