Mixed Martial Arts - Reid Fight Wear

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 eyeball-design

eyeball-design

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:06 AM

Here is our newly launched site featuring an online store selling Mixed Martial Arts apparel.

www.reidfightwear.com

This is a soft launch and we are trying to put some load on the SQL database server which is showing some problems and hopefully get a decision to move out of the current host.

#2 ScrumDude

ScrumDude

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

Awesome! A fellow MMA'er! The site looks real good man, I dig the crossing swords look. It took a bit longer to load than I thought it would but that could be due to the fact that I am on my computer at work. Always nice to see new clothing companies sponsoring the lesser-known fighters and giving competition to Affliction and Tapout. Great work!

#3 eyeball-design

eyeball-design

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

Thanks for checking out the site! The sword theme was the concept of our client. We just made his idea work.

I do have questions regarding the slow loading. (1) Did the page take too long before it started to show up or (2) it took a long time to finished loading?

We know the flash is about 800K and will slow down the site but we are monitoring issues with the web host where the server takes a while to respond.

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

Remove the music really hate website with musics. Always put music off and make people choose for on and not the other way around.

#5 ScrumDude

ScrumDude

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

The home page loaded failry quickly today. The bottom part loaded as the header was loading quite nicely. When I rollover the links, it takes about a second or so for the yellow to kick in. Also, clicking from page to page took about 25-30 seconds on my computer. The site really looks good though, just a tad bit slow. Good work!

#6 eyeball-design

eyeball-design

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

@Scrum Dude
Thanks. We've notified the client and we are moving the site.

@Chung Dha
It's a client preference to have the music playing.

#7 DreamSky

DreamSky

• Designer
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

The site looks really good, nice work!

But it loads really really slowly. If I was an ordinary visitor I would have closed it before I have seen anything on it. Since you asked about the loading time: for me it took much time to load before it even started to show up and then some more slow loading after the background loaded.
Do you use caching (web caches)? It might help for faster loading...

#8 jones8

jones8

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:58 AM

Nice. I'd use a different font for the headers or find some way to make the headers stand out more. Or maybe do the opposite and use a different font for the actual content part. The colors help to differentiate, but for me, it just doesn't seem like enough.
Suede Bed at regencyshop | micro suede comforter set Clearance Sale!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users