&nsbp;

#1 stgsystems

stgsystems

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

Hello all,

I'm contemplating submitting a web design contest but wanted to see some finished contests first so I can get a feel for some of the designers' work. There are tons and tons of logo contests to browse, and they certainly produce some good work, but trying to filter through the finished contests forum looking for a finished web design contest is almost impossible. Basically I just want to make sure there is a solid base of web designers here before I deposit any non-refundable money or waste anybody's time. Anybody want to share their finished contests or point me in the right direction?

Also, when I post a web design contest, am I just to expect literally a PSD design, or is it reasonable to ask for a fully coded site? If all I am getting is a PSD, is it ok to offer the designer the option to code it as well for additional funds on the side?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to working with some of you.

#2 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

Hi stgsystems, and welcome to DC. If you just go to the web design forum and click on the titles there, it will take you to the finished contests. Web & Flash Development - Design Contest Forums

You can ask for a fully coded site, but you would probably get more entries on a design only contest, so I would probably do it the second way (run the contest for design, and pay extra for coding). That way if the site was above a designer's coding capabilites, they still might enter a great design....

None of our money is non-refundable, except the $30 admin fee. Our refund policy is outlined here, in our TOS. It has to be agreed to in order to send the contest submission form. DesignContest.net - Logo and Website Design Contests. Community of designers and web developers. New contests almost every day!

If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know.

Vicki
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#3 stgsystems

stgsystems

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:47 AM

Hey Vicki, thanks for the response.

If you just go to the web design forum and click on the titles there, it will take you to the finished contests.

D'oh. Had to change the dropdown to view posts older than two months. Not much traffic on the web design front?

None of our money is non-refundable, except the $30 admin fee. Our refund policy is outlined here, in our TOS.

Well, $30 is $30, but more than that is the rule that after 5 unique designs have been submitted I lose 50% of my deposit if I withdraw. So I just wanted to browse past designs to make sure there is good stuff out there - it would be disappointing to get 5 unique designs I don't like and have to walk away. Not that I think it's going to happen, just that it could happen.

I'm off to go poke around. Maybe I'll submit a contest later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users