• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 MICHAELMANASSEH

MICHAELMANASSEH

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

Here is a link to my Behance portfolio, I am kind of new to this whole world and I am just looking for some feed back, positive or negative...

I have been toying with design for a couple years now, but just recently started taking it serious and seeking further education, and a career in design.

I have been lurking on these boards for a short period of time now, posting here and there , but I seriously am looking to build with a community of like minded artists.

Thanks in advance

#2 MICHAELMANASSEH

MICHAELMANASSEH

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:14 PM

Anybody?

#3 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

Hi Michael....some great stuff....I love the style...I esp. like the photo montages alot, you definitely know the genre/vibe...
GREAT folio:)

#4 MICHAELMANASSEH

MICHAELMANASSEH

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:37 AM

Thank you rinaldidesigns for the love!
I really appreciate it!

Im kind of sad that no body else has said anything, oh well I ll go back to posting responses on other peoples stuff in an attempt to generate some love!

#5 Neahbay

Neahbay

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:18 PM

I really enjoy your translation of organic energy. Seeing flow and movement of the, somewhat perceived, intangible in this way is a delightful experience.

#6 RubyBlue

RubyBlue

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:06 AM

Hey Michael, I like the fresh style of your work ! I found good, eye-catching color combinations and nice concepts (especially liking your logo collection) and I think you've got the "eye" for it !

One thing that I am guilty of and trying to get away from is the large usage of brushes/ready made stuff, which I also preponderently find in your gallery.
It's good practice at first because it helps exploring composition and color but making things from scrach/original work is what I think brings one to a professional level and eventually helps gain acknowledgement.
I'm not against using them though, but I think it's better to accentuate the original work rather than constructing it all out of brushes. Drawing by hand and studying shape is what helps me with this issue.

Just some "constructive" input from my point of view, I really have no intention in playing "the all knowing teacher", so please don't take it otherwise :o

#7 juluque

juluque

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:51 AM

Nice works, I really enjoyed how you play with transparencies, I don't know about the use of color in some works. I would avoid so many gradients. You certainly have talent and a long way to go. Best of luck.

#8 jmgarrido

jmgarrido

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

great ideas, but i think that they need more color (personal opinion :) )

#9 MICHAELMANASSEH

MICHAELMANASSEH

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

Thanks a lot all of you who commented, I have been moving so I have not had any time to get on line.
@Neahbay--Wow thats pretty in depth! I do like to play with the over all flow of things.
@Rubyblue--Yea I actually have been striving to start creating my own images, I also use a lot of vectors more often then just brushes, due to my ability to manipulate them and make them more unique. thanks
@juluque--Thanks yea I am a sucker for color
@jmgarrido--I feel you on that one, like I said to juluque, color is good.

Thanks again and hopefully I will be able to post more in the days to come

God bless.

#10 slbergh

slbergh

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

I noticed a lot of the images contained a mix of pastels and darker colors, which I found kind of interesting. For some of the images, it really seemed to work (Forever, the first Refresh II). For others, it was kind of disturbing (the skull, the one with the deer).

Either way, they caused a reaction, so I say good job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users