#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

http://chungdha.blog...iy-wii-gun.html

Just finished it today.

I made it because the wii guns or zapper you need to buy are all very expensive while most of them are just pieces of plastic that would cost far less than 20 or 30 euro.

The official Wii zapper cost 30 euro and get Links shooting academy with it but there is no official zapper with no extra game. So you would end up with 2 link games if you want 2 zappers.

This own made gun / zapper cost just less then 1 euro material cost and mostly depending of which kind of materials. I use an acrylate sheet which is not that cheap compared to free cardboard from a cereal box or some other packaging. But the cost still lies way lower than the wii zapper you could buy at the stores.

Also I made a template that everybody could download and edit. This template could be edited with a own graphic or design. Like own colors and illustration on it. And you can even try to make it look more like a real gun.

#2 Sevenlee

Sevenlee

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:22 AM

haha love it. Pretty ingenious. Hey you should try to make your dice out of that plastic. Are you thinking of adding a space on the back for the nunchuck like the zapper?

Curious, how does it feel on the hand when pressing the trigger?

Great stuff.

#3 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

For me it feels quite normal but the size and everything were bit fitted for myself though. Not sure on how it would be for small kid however I don't think there are parents that would buy Resident evil umbrella chronicles for a 5 year old child.

Been thinking about extra mod that you could past it extra on or some what you could attach and also get it off.

#4 letterman

letterman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:33 AM

Good design. I already mention you are very good designer in your other thread...

Regards
Jeff.

#5 Aeoll

Aeoll

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

Sweet ^^

Good job :)

#6 Chung Dha

Chung Dha