• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 aset

aset

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

Here is something I did for my girlfriend celebrating being with each other for 5 years. I took the first pic while waiting for a tram in Melbourne, turned around and the light looked really good coming off the old train station.
I took it with my $250 pocket digi.
The second pic is my editing which i got printed on a 100mm x50mm canvas which turned out really good!

#2 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

i really liked what u did in the second one :)
i LOVE the idea of the sign hanging on the building that have "initials ( i think) & 5 years" on it
NICE EDITING & VERY ROMANTIC <3

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21754 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

Very nice job on the editing. I like the edited one much better, it directs your attention to where you want it to . You know .. A person can take very good photos with the cheaper point and shoot cameras.

Did you play a bit more and try to edit out the wires and the pole with the sign? Just curious

Like us on facebook

#4 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

Nice pic =) i think i liked the original better cause its not that colorful, except for soem details, like other than the church, the banners and that typography ad xD but both look good

#5 aset

aset

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Wow well spotted like an angel. Yeah that is our initials on the sign.

Sharie, I did think about removing the tram wires, but i thought i'll leave them there as they add to the hustle and bustle of all the new building work that has gone on around the very old train station. Plus the trams in melbourne are very iconic.
The sign and pole though would have been nice without it there. Would have taken me quite a long time to remove that accurately, would have been very difficult too.

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

#6 Matsurika

Matsurika

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

This is awesome, and like an angel said, I like your Idea, I deffinately didn't pick up on that until I read the post! :)

I like the photo edit as well, and I agree the lines do add to the hustle and bustle of it all! :)

I still like all the colors in the first photo as well, the posters on the street lights really catch my attention and like you did with the second photo, it draws your eye towards the lit up building.

Really good work! Great photo! :D Sometimes it just pays off to bring your camera everywhere you go! :) haha

#7 revolver

revolver

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

I love the lights in this one. The golden shining makes it look really sweet!

#8 patrakliski

patrakliski

Banned

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:13 AM

not my faves but interesting play by camera and ps ... i am wondering what kind of camera is used here??
design is all around us ....

#9 Keinstar1994

Keinstar1994

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:33 AM

I really like this photograph. But why the advertising at the right has been changed ? :p

#10 quentinb

quentinb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:21 AM

what you did on the second one is great , it looks like a "depth of field" effects but with black and white stuff instead of blur..good job :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users