Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

BanzaiMoloko Font (now available on MyFonts)

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

The font I was working on and off for such a long time is now available on MyFonts. Those of you who have not participated in our BanzaiMoloko community contest can now

buy it for only $5.99

I think it is a very good deal for such an awesome font that BanzaiMoloko is ;)

But to be serious, I would like to thank the designers who were very kind to allow me to use their works to promote the font, they are:

Vovikus
Posted Image

Asti
Posted Image

and walkwax
Posted Image

here's my own image:

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

congrats on getting your font out there.

#3 DesignsbyALX

DesignsbyALX

• Designer
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

I still have the one that we got for the challenge! It would be wiser to distribute it for free at first. This would give your font some more time to get known! And besides, how nice is it to leave your own font as some kind of legacy, for free?! ;)

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:40 PM

it was offered for free to everybody who wanted it ;)
And to be serious, I want to explore the commercial side of font making. It's a sort of research. If you noticed I've put a very low price. If it sells, I will make some more serious fonts and start offering the old ones for free.

#5 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21770 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

it was offered for free to everybody who wanted it ;)
And to be serious, I want to explore the commercial side of font making. It's a sort of research. If you noticed I've put a very low price. If it sells, I will make some more serious fonts and start offering the old ones for free.

It is a great font, I had fun with it and it looks like all the designers had fun working with the font.

Do you have a list of your own fonts? A place we can view your fonts?

sharie

Like us on facebook

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:36 PM

there is only BanzaiMoloko in the list right now :)
but it is an interesting field and I am planning to try and develop some other fonts. Eventually they will appear on MyFonts.

#7 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:21 PM

Very nice font, I think Asti and walkwax have made their point and "fresh" and "bubbly" is definitely what comes to mind, I like it.

Not many designers can also call themselves typographers, congratulations for that.

Out of interest, I was just wondering what software you used to create the final version of your fonts.

• Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:11 PM

Very nice font, I think Asti and walkwax have made their point and "fresh" and "bubbly" is definitely what comes to mind, I like it.

Not many designers can also call themselves typographers, congratulations for that.

Out of interest, I was just wondering what software you used to create the final version of your fonts.

Thanks! But I actually think I have a long way ahead of me before I can call myself a typographer. Though I am pretty happy with this font, there are projects which are hundred times more complex in typography.

I used FontLab to create this font, though I prefer Illustrator for all preliminary research.

#9 rapanui

rapanui

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:47 AM

Thanks for the reply and the info. I look forward to seeing the next fonts you create when they appear.

#10 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:17 AM

I like your font :) I made a font in college called "Light Brite" with fontographer, it was pretty basic, but I can't remember much about fontographer. I always thought that would be fun to make fonts. Is there any software similar to fontographer or fontlab that is free or inexpensive?

Stephanie

• Guests

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

I like your font :) I made a font in college called "Light Brite" with fontographer, it was pretty basic, but I can't remember much about fontographer. I always thought that would be fun to make fonts. Is there any software similar to fontographer or fontlab that is free or inexpensive?

Stephanie

Thanks!

none that I know of. Thanks to school for free software! :)

#12 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

yeah, no kidding! :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users